6.11.2007

trust...

what does it mean? i mean, really, when the hard days hit, what does it mean to trust Him?
it's a choice, every day, every hour, every minute sometimes.
that's He'll come through. that He'll make good on what He's promised. that He won't "hang us out to dry".
i know these things are true. the question: how deeply do i know, and understand, these things?

Matt quit his job. his last day was thursday.
we both felt release from the Lord about a month and a half ago. we thought that meant another job would come through. then, three weeks ago, He spoke again. it went something like this: "are you willing to quit your job without having another job lined up? are you willing to trust Me with that?".
if you call Him "Lord", as we do, you can't say no to something like that.
so Matt quit.
and now we're learning a new lesson. a deeper lesson.

deep down, i know He'll come through for us. and even on the surface. but there's something in between.. a little nagging doubt.. that needs to be dealt with.
i'm excited.. for what He has in store, for what He's going to do.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Ditto on the excitement part! Ryan always laughs at me when I say "isn't it fun to see and think about where God will lead us next" as we're looking ahead to a quite fuzzy, not quite defined future.

Yeah, I get those little nagging worries too which pop up...mostly because I like to have a plan, and even though I know He has a perfect plan, I want to see the plan.

I know you know this already, but worth saying (words are powerful!). I don't know how, I don't know when, but I do know that He has a plan for you two and just continue to be obedient to Him in the now.

Jackie said...

Wow, I am so long-winded. :)

Love you guys!