7.18.2006

good talks

i woke up happy this morning.
nothing special happened (that i can think of), and nothing really is on my mind to make me happy. i just am. i woke up with a smile on my face. and i'm loving it! :)

maybe it had something to do with a couple of conversations i had last night. first was the second weekly "hour of power" with Kate, and it ended up being just the two of us. either no one else wanted to endure the heat, or had something else going. i was glad for it though after a while, because it gave us a good chance to talk! i was able to process through an issue that's been weighing really heavy on my mind, and she asked lots of good questions that helped me realize what was really going on inside me. after going home (and showering, of course!), i talked through the whole thing with Matt as well. that was where my freedom came. what i'd been pouring over and over in my head for months (maybe even years), but was too embarassed to say anything about, was finally out in the open. and people understood, and offered support. it's so good to have good friends!
it was also good to have Kate share her heart with me. i've been wanting to get together and talk with her for a long time.


to end this post, i'd like to share a few wise words from someone i quote a lot, Oswald Chambers:

"There is nothing miraculous or mysterious about the things we can explain. We control what we are able to explain, consequently it is only natural to seek an explanation for everything."

No comments: