1.03.2007

i've been asking everyone what their favorite Christmas present was. maybe i'll ask customers that today; people seem to be crabby, maybe because of the weather. maybe that would cheer people up. or at least open the door to somewhat more real conversation.

my favorite present was a painting. artist? my brother-in-law. it's one i've had my eye on for quite some time. and it's just beautiful. it's now hanging over our couch, and i couldn't be a prouder sister-in-law. :)

we're starting off the new year pretty well.. Matt has an interview next week. it's something completely different than anything he's ever done. and it will completely change our lives if he gets it! i'm excited to see what will happen in the coming months. it's been so obvious that God has been preparing us for something big. now it's just waiting to see what that something is.

Stephie stayed with us Christmas Eve weekend. it was so good to have her here.
will you move back??? i miss our times together. they're just so few and far between these days. it's better than nothing, that's for sure. but i do miss you.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Sorry! I finally checked my Yahoo e-mail account for the first time in over a month (dated back to Thanksgiving time). Work has been so incredibly crazy that by the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is be on my computer except to blog which is my electronic form of journaling (& soothing to the soul).

I am so happy to see that you are back! Now if only I can get together with the physical you sometime soon. Is your January looking better than December?

Probably my favorite Christmas gift was simply the blessing of extended time with my husband and with many of my family members (don’t get to see them often enough). But if you were looking for an answer more like a “toaster” or a “sweater”, I would have to say my new ceramic space heater which now keeps my little bathroom very warm & toasty on these cold Nebraska mornings.