7.28.2007

10 things you maybe don't know

My friend Ranae tagged me to do this.. so here goes!
here's my attempt to think of 10 things most people don't know about me...
(i'm not guaranteeing any level of excitement in these facts)

1) i've never broken a bone in my life (at least none that i've known about)

2) when i was 3, i went roller skating. i fell and cracked my chin open... i was bleeding all over my white pants and light yellow shirt. i was rushed to the hospital and given 6 stitches in my chin. to this day, if you get me anywhere near a roller skating rink, i freeze in complete fear. (i will overcome someday - it's a life goal!)

3) i've been to 11 countries outside the U.S.

4) i had a new "best friend" every year growing up. and at the end of every year, that friend would either move to a different city or change schools. sad day. no wonder i have issues. :)

5) i used to weigh close to 200 pounds, had a terrible haircut, braces, huge ugly glasses, and goodwill clothes and hand-me-downs that never fit right. (again, no wonder i have issues... )

6) i always said i wanted to be married by the time i was 23 years old. that didn't quite happen, but i did meet my future husband while i was still 23!

7) i HATED coffee until i was 19 years old. i worked for a year in the Barnes & Noble cafe at Crossroads, where you could try stuff for free. one day, my manager made me a grande iced mocha. that was the beginning of the end for me...

8) most think i have one sister.... but in reality, i have 2 sisters and 1 brother. two died in infancy. my sister's name was Mary; she would have turned 24 on May 12. my brother's name was Jimmy; he would be turning 31 on November 14.

9) i played the piano for 10 years, the oboe for 5 years, and the guitar for three years. i've always been (and still am) a singer. i had a dream as a little girl to someday learn how to play the harp.

10) i never dated anybody until i met Matt. he was my first true date, my first kiss, my first everything. no regrets, baby! =)


okay, now it's your turn. i tag:

Stephanie Axne
Jackie Desch
Matt Koenig (you can write it up and i'll post it on here :) )

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You are a beautiful girl, issues & all (LOL)! Love you lots Sarah girl and miss you...now that I am jet-lag free, hopefully can get together soon and my brain should be able to come up w/ 10 things you may not know (will try to hit my blog in the next day or two).