12.07.2007

One thing I mentioned in my post about the tragedy we faced here earlier this week was the tendency of news to focus on the killer and not those who were the victims of the violence.

However, I would like to say "well done!" to the Omaha World Herald. The front page this morning is completely full of pictures, but not a single one is of the killer. There is a large picture of each of the victims, including profiles of each of them. Nothing else fits on the front page.
The only picture of the killer is a few pages in, and it's so small.. you can hardly make out his face.
Way to go, Omaha, for focusing on the right thing in this tragic time.

1 comment:

~Sarah said...

Hi. I know that I don't know you. I found your page randomly on here while browsing through the interests. Anyway, I'd like to add your blog to my blogspot link list if you don't mind. You can read my blogspot and comment as well if you would like to. Mostly I just write my thoughts on what I read in the bible. Have a good day :)