3.26.2008

renew your mind

I decided on a way to start the process of renewing your mind.
memorizing Scripture!
I started on Monday with Psalm 61:1-4.
I used to memorize Scripture all the time, but for some reason, I stopped.
now I'm starting again. 
then, when things are quiet, what pops into my head won't be negaive things about myself or anything else, but it will be the words that I have been storing in my mind and heart.  at least that's what I'm hoping!

I'm going to try and type Psalm 61:1-4 from memory.  you can check my work if you'd like! (NASB version)

Hear my cry, oh God
Give heed to my prayer
from the end of the earth I call out to You when my heart is faint
lead me to the Rock that is higher than I
for You have been a refuge for me
a tower of strength against the enemy
let me dwell in Your tent forever
let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It works, it really does! I also have to pray constantly, "Lord I believe, help my unbelief!" I write short verses on index cards and read them out loud twice per day. Helps a lot, at least for me.