8.10.2004

name

i realize that up to this point, i have yet to use the name of the guy i so frequently refer to. watch for it.. it may come sooner than you think.
he had a bad day yesterday. first of all, he was already not feeling the best about life.... i won't give details on that.. it's not my place to do so. but let's just say he wasn't doing the best. he had a job interview at 10am that went well, but it wasn't what he was expecting (which was a little discouraging). on his way home, he had a not-so-pleasant experience with a police officer. when he called to tell me how the interview went, i could tell by the tone in his voice he wasn't doing so well..... then i got busy and had to let him go.
a while later, i called and asked him to come eat lunch with me. he'd already eaten, but i so badly wanted to do something to possibly help his day.
he picked me up, and on the way to burger king, i reached for his hand.. he thanked me.. and held on tight. all through lunch, he didn't let go.. it's not so easy eating a sandwich with one hand!! at one point, he took my one hand in both of his, closed his eyes, and held my hand close to him. i asked him what he was doing.. his response.. he was just enjoying being with me.

wow.

one of these days, it's going to happen.. he's going to make me cry.

No comments: